Lawn Care Forum banner

Wright Stander 32 w/ g6

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Florida Gardener 
#1 ·
Has anybody done this combination? I am trying to get better mulching results with my wright. I'm cutting St. Aug grass

#3 ·
Blades are steep man like 20 bucks lol. jk. a 2nd opinion dosent hurt. No imma go tomorrow and get me some. I got work at 630p and i think 5 yards to do one in kenner and one on the wank and 3 in met all next to each other. So i should be able to get them done, but IDK if a dealer will carry them. Ill have to call around. i know joes has a big selection of blades.

#4 ·
it still amazes me how one person can talk so highly of something and then somebody else just is completely opposite. but everybody has different grass and setup. i read to use a plate and no mulch kit from mulch kit with wavy to g6 to reg wright to low lift to high to slotted lol. never know till you try yourself. g6 will be my first move tho jacob lol

#5 ·
it still amazes me how one person can talk so highly of something and then somebody else just is completely opposite. but everybody has different grass and setup. i read to use a plate and no mulch kit from mulch kit with wavy to g6 to reg wright to low lift to high to slotted lol. never know till you try yourself. g6 will be my first move tho jacob lol
From personal experience and actually owning a 36" stander myself with a plate and mulch kit, this is what you should do. If you run a plate, yes, gators will work. However, the stock blades work better with the plate. I've done both. Now, if you buy a kit, gators will NOT work. You need to use either the stock blades, or wavy mulchers. I have both and have not seen a difference....
Posted via Mobile Device

#7 ·
stock blade suck mulching st aug. imma just buy the g6 and then discharge. i think i wll get a better cut that way.

#9 ·
yeah, its annoying to mulch. if you stop in one spot even for a sec to turn around, it will pile the grass up and the trying to mulch 2 week grass it leaves streaks and bogs down and i have the 18hp kawi so i know i have enough power. sucks tho because i bought that machine because i wanted a good mulching machine and the dealer, of course, said it was a beautiful mulcher.

#10 ·
yeah, its annoying to mulch. if you stop in one spot even for a sec to turn around, it will pile the grass up and the trying to mulch 2 week grass it leaves streaks and bogs down and i have the 18hp kawi so i know i have enough power. sucks tho because i bought that machine because i wanted a good mulching machine and the dealer, of course, said it was a beautiful mulcher.
What I would do then is buy the plate. You already have the kit so you can run that in winter and use the plate in summer. I've been doing the plate with stock blades and it's worked great. You get a little blowout but it's not clumpy or wet...
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.