Wright Stander 32

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Jun 14, 2005.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I've done a search on this mower. For those of you who have one, I'd appreciate it if you gave me the good, the bad and the ugly........specifically if you like the fixed deck or not, and if it tends to be bad about rutting wet yards.
  2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I am running the 36" so take this for what it is worth.

It is a great mower. It is really fast and gives a good cut. It can take a lot of abuse and keep on going. The fixed deck is no problem unless you want to change the height all of the time. Scalping is minimal and only on the bad properties.

Yes, it will rut a little on wet properties. I have used this mower for a whole season though and have not had any rutting complaints though.

I may think about trading or selling it if you are interested. It has 250 hrs. PM me if you are interested.
  3. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

Great mower. Will definately increase your production.
    After fooling with it a while, I've let some air out of the rear tires and have almost eliminated all the rutting issues. The times that it ruts on me now is the same as a regular walk behind.
    I don't suggest you get the mulch kit except for leaves. I'm removing mine because it leaves a stripe down the center in the taller grass leading me to double cut these areas.
    Excellent mower. Would buy again, especially if I was the one that was using it. I might worry a little though about an inexperienced worker though...takes a little while to get used to and learn all of the tricks.
  4. Sellers Lawn Care

Sellers Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just bought a 23/52 stander with 150 hrs for $3750. For only being 16 and having a wb and a stander, IM PUMPED!! lol.... i will let you know how i like it...
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Congrats on the Stander..good deal as well..Before you turn 17, you;ll probably have another..lol
  6. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

Only parking lot demo for me. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a specific need for it and have some experience with it.
  7. rlpenny

rlpenny LawnSite Member

Wow...two Oklahomans...and Tulsans at that. I'm a homeowner tired of guiding a 21" mower around for over an hour each mowing. I'd like to mow every 4 days but because of the time it is more like every 6 or so when I get out there. Plus, the fescue is becoming more of my yard and you know how it grows fast around here. Thus, I started looking for a small (e.g. 30 to 36") ztr from Dixon, Toro, Gravely, Snapper, Hustler, to Scag. Finally tested a Wright stander and Sentar and toro walk behind. The two winners (if I allowed myself to splurge that kind of money) in my book were the Scag Z-cat and that Wright stander in 32 or 36. I just could not see putting up with the snickers and sneers from my neighbors seeing me on such an expensive machine for just my yard so I ended up ordering a Quick 36 Super Duty.

In this case, peer pressure (and a bit the high $) kept me out of a Wright Stander or that Z-Cat).

If you had an excellent price on that 250hr Stander we should still talk as I've a lawn mowing friend (has many yards) that needs a good ztr (ride or stander) and I should get him in touch with you. PM me and I can have him contact you.
  8. LawnScapes of P-Town

LawnScapes of P-Town LawnSite Member

You wont regret it, the super duty is a good mower and it leaves an excellent cut.
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I was still way ahead of you. I was 15 when I bought my first one. According to wright I am the youngest person to ever buy one. 5 years later I am still buying them and will be as long as Wright is still in business.

But hey you must be doing something right for having that stuff already and only being 16. Now you need a truck. :) Just remember the only thing better than one stander is two standers. :D

As for the 32" stander. I am going to buy one soon as my 32" metro dies.