Wright Stander 32...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPLawnPro, Sep 18, 2006.

1. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Just purchased a new Wright Stander 32 to get through some of the narrow gates in my neck of the woods. This machine is absolutely bAdAzZ!!! The great thing about Wright mowers is that they are extremely well-built, and are definitely not under-powered. Wright gives its customers several power options for each machine they manufacture.

The Stander 32 that I purchased came with a 15 Kawasaki V-Twin. However, a 17 Kawasaki V-Twin w/ electric start is also an available power option for this particular mower.

The first week of October, I will be purchasing a Wright Stander 36" w/ Rapid Height Adjustable Deck. The 17 Kawasaki V-twin w/ electric start that I just mentioned, comes standard on this mower.

I am absolutely shocked at the quality of cut from this mower. I can just imagine how productive Wright's more advanced machines are? Can't wait to see how well these bad boyz MuLcH!

All in all, I have done a lot of research over the past year trying to find the ideal mower manufacaturer to represent my 2007 season mowing arsenal. Wright mowers have certainly exceeded our expectations. Wright mowers are a little on the expensive side; regardless, I am confident that I made a very wise decision by going with Wright Mfg.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

what did it cost?

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You will like the Sentar Sport we mulch with ours and does a fine job. It is a very productive machine on our small properties. And it doesn't take up much room in the trailers. We got the 17hp and it has the power. I am a little concerned about the fact the unit only holds one quart of oil and it is really dirty on every change. We change every other week. One other thing I don't like is none of the levers for controls have grease points on them. That will be a problem long term, and of course the spindles are not greasable.

4. TPLawnPro

I picked it up brand new for $4,000.00. There weren't many of them left at my dealer for that price, so I made sure to grab one of them before they sold out.

5. TPLawnPro

I really like the fact that Wright provides their machines with plenty of reserve power. That's not something that you can always expect from the competition.

The hydro-steering is different than what I am normally used to. But man, is it ever responsive!

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

1 quart? Engine oil? A 17HP kawasaki takes more than a quart when you change it. Closer to 2 quarts. I dunno the exact number but it takes nearly 2 quarts.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Now you got me real worried ....only one quart comes out and it sure doesn't seem like it is burning any oil. And even though I can't hardly get the dip stick out it shows full????

8. TPLawnPro

Do you guys run sythetic blend motor oil through your Wright machines?

If so, which brand do you prefer?

I noticed in the owner's manual, that if synthetic motor oil is used in the machine, that you don't have to change the oil nearly as often as you would with non-synthetic motor oil.

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

[​IMG]

1.9 quarts with the filter...which we generally change at every oil change.

When you are checking are you removing the dipstick, wiping it off...then dipping it back in and checking it? You do not screw it on the threads to check it...so simply pulling it out and looking is giving you the wrong level if that is what you are doing.