wright stander 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Nov 30, 2004.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I just bought my new Stander 36" with the wide tires today. When I change my blades out on my 52 inch Super Surfer, and on previous scag riders, I would drive up my trailer ramp and hang half of the deck in the air. On my new Stander, I tried that and the bolt is too long and hits the street. The only way I could get my blade off is by letting the bolt hit the street an lifting up on the deck to allow the bolt to fall out. Has anyone had this problem? I would like to hear from you all if you have an easy way to remedy this problem.

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

can you post a couple pics of the new design 36" Stander ?!?

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Get one of those jack for walk-behind mowers. I think they only run a couple hundered bucks....or weld you own up.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

5. KurtW

KurtW LawnSite Member

I bought a "Farmers Jack" at harbor Freight Tools (about $50). I also have a pair of car ramps that I place on the tailgate of the trailer. When I have ground clearence problems, I just jack the equipment up as necessary, place 2X6 blocks under the wheels. Works fine for me and there is no danger of getting crushed under the machine. I have a compressor and impact wrench for under mower work. Not a problem and easy-fast. Kurt

i bought a "Farmers Jack" at Harbor Freight Tools

6. green_man

green_man LawnSite Member
    from nj

try lifting it by the caster arms and kicking a catcher under the deck to hold it up.

7. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Happens all the time with my 48" Stander, sometimes I just have to adjust my angle on the ramp. Other times, I do as you did and it works out just fine.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Own stander, Must own a Jungle jack. Your back will love you for it. Trust me.

9. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

how much wider are the new tires compared to the old ones? does it make much of a differenence?