Wright Stander 52" used prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jstonemo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jstonemo

jstonemo LawnSite Member

I found a 52" Wright Stander with 17 hp engine for $1700 locally. It has 1903 hours with 200 hours on a new engine. Shows obvious wear but has been maintained by the book and has decent tires. One side of me says grab it now and the frugal side says live with what you got.

My question to anyone out there is if $1700 is a good deal for that many hours on the meter? I am intrigued by the Standers reputation for handling slopes and its speed. I have a 36" Hustler right now that will fit inside gates, but there are a few properties that the larger deck would be a benefit.

I am bidding on a job that has a small lake shore to mow that I don't think a ZTR will be safe with, but the Stander would probably handle well. Don't have the job yet, but keeping my fingers crossed.

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO the 52/17 is under powered. We have 2 52/23's and wouldn't want anything less around here.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

yea dont get anything less than 23HP

4. jstonemo

jstonemo LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, that was just the info that I needed. I think I will stick with my ZTR for the time being and save some money.