Wright Stander Aerocore deck, best blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Signature Landscaping1, May 19, 2013.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Hi there, I bought a brand new wright stander last spring with the fixed aero core deck.It now has 297hrs. I still like the old deck on the standers way better. I have an older 36 stander that is having no problems cutting. Now my issue is I cannot seem to find a good blade and i have been getting terrible cutting results. Im still getting shaggy results. I had been using the stens rapture mulching blades in the fall, which were great but didnt have much suction. I have scag blades on it now and it cuts terrible. I cannot seem to get it to give a good cut like the old deck. I wanted to do a high lift.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Joe

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

what scag blades do you have? i run the 482878 and get a good cut, also like the gator g5 blades. i'm afraid to run a high lift blade like the 482711 for fear of making the clumping issue worse

3. mmerder

mmerder LawnSite Member

Are you not using Wright blades becuase of cost? Try to match up to an Oregon blade. Oregon makes Wright's blades for them anyway.

4. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm not using wrights blades because they suck even worse than anything else.

5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I purchased a new Stander X with 52" Aerocore deck in March. The factory blades were Oregon fusion with only the Wright part number (71440009) stamped on them. They have a half inch offset with notched foil.

I am also using Oregon 93-010 which is listed as a Bob-Cat blade. It is not a Fusion blade and does not have the notched foil. They are an offset blade.

Both of these blades do a good job for me.

I have the Oregon G5 596-344 blades too. They did not do well this spring with the heavy rains that we got. I will try them again soon.

6. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody find the right blades for the aerocore?

7. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    from WI

The high lift fusions worked well for us as well as Oregon high lifts and G6 gators. Been running Wrights since the 90's when they 1st came out and my opinion is the Aerocore deck is better than their previous decks.

8. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

SCAG blades 482878 worked best for me. Do you have the proper pitch on your deck? Correct tire pressure?
    Posted via Mobile Device