1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright stander and Great dane stander, comments and opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MRPLOW, Mar 21, 2000.

MRPLOW LawnSite Member

What's everyone's opinion on the 2 stander mowers. I can get a brand new 52 inch Wright Stander for $4299.00 with a 16 HP B&S Vanguard. Is this enough engine, I was hoping for a little more power but the price increases significantly for a bigger engine. Is the Great Dane better? The Wright appears to be a better machine, but I haven't used one for a long period of time. Does the Wright machine stripe well, I have seen and heard of Dane's having a problem doing this well. Ant opinions and help would be appreciated. Oh I can also get 52 inch Dane with 19 HP Kohler for $4999.00.
  2. GreatDane

GreatDane LawnSite Member

I like the Great Dane. I haven't had any trouble out of mine yet. I have the 52" 22HP Surfer.
  3. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i also have a great dane 52in with a 18hp on it...i really like the machine,mine seems to stripe well on the big yards,in Mn there are alot of danes around and never heard one bad thing,i know they have a fw spindle problems but for 25.00 a spindle you can upgrade them.<p>scott
  4. slagerlawncare

slagerlawncare LawnSite Member

i was real impressed with the super surfer i saw at a open house about a week ago...i would love to have one in my fleet someday. how do you feel after standing all day on those? is the manueverbility as good as advertised?
  5. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

how is this mower on the knees is it worse than a pair of velkes?<br>