wright stander belts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ray&Christine, May 22, 2007.

1. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

Is anybody eles going through the hydro pump belts as often as I am on 32 inch Standers. The original one went at approx 200 hrs (3.5 months use) and the second one just went at approx 70 hrs later. Is this common or is there something wrong with the mower? When the first one went I just thought I just got a bad belt but now the second one went so quick I'm thinking that blowing belts is going to be a trend.
  2. surffkatt

surffkatt LawnSite Member
    from okc, ok

sounds like something out of whack alignment, or a burr on a pulley etc etc i'd give everything a really close visual and feel for rough edges on pulleys and idlers

3. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

make sure that the belt is traveling level....if one pulley is not at the right height then there will be excessive heat and cause belt wear.
  4. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

also when you grease the spindles or oil the throttle/choke keep it off the belts (especially the old toothed style) the petroleum will break down the belts-not that fast but still
  5. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

I have 2 32" standers and on the 1st one, the hydro drive belt went at 100 hrs, and then that belt lasted till 600 hrs. On the 2nd stander, I had a belt go at 4 hrs. I just figured I was unlucky. Oh well, I still love the machines and still think it's worth the trouble.