Wright Stander Bushing Caster worn out

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MisterGreen, Dec 12, 2005.

1. MisterGreen

MisterGreen LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I am wondering if anybody know how to repace the bushing for the front tires. The tires are touching the deck and I was informed that I need to repace the bushes... what tool can I use to get them out.??
    Thanks

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You can use any type blunt end drift punch, Remove the caster and insert the drift at a angle to catch the inside edge of the other bushing and hit a couple times then move the drift to the opposite side and hit a couple times and keep going back and forth until it comes out. Do the same to the other until it comes out, I install the new ones with a large 1/2 drive socket so not to damage the flange or bur the inside hole where the fork wont go back in.

3. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Yesiree, my friend, that is EXACTLY how it is done. I could not have explained it better, myself...

4. MisterGreen

from Kansas

I installed the new bushings but the fork wont go back in. I think the store gave me the wrong part, however they stated that it will take some time to get the fork back in the first time... ??

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Were these brass or plastic nylon type ? And you did install them with a socket correct ? Did you try the new ones on the fork before installing ?

Sorry for all the questions but the more dirt the better.

6. MisterGreen

from Kansas

They are brass.
    I did intall them correct.
    No, I did not try them before I intall them. (my bad) I called the lawn parts and they asked me to bring them tomorrow to see what it's the problem... I'll let you know what happen, they stated that they gave me the right part... let's see. Thank you.