Wright Stander deck baffle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jackelope68, Feb 5, 2007.

1. jackelope68

jackelope68 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had a chance to use the new deck baffle on the 52" deck yet. I nave 6 standers and the only complaint I have is the cut quality in the thick wet grass in the spring. I saw the deck baffle on a machine at a show in november and ordered one and cant wait to try it out. Its about time they addressed the cut quality problem. If these machines wern't so effecient I would go back to using my old toro's with the sfs deck (far far superior cut) I have tried runing all types of blades and even runing doubles, nothing really helps

thanks
    Dan

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Nope, those Wrights don't cut in thick, tall grass very well. Keep us posted on your discoveries with the new baffle.

3. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

Just installed a baffle in my 61 Sentar and cut my first lawn.
    The cut quality is great! and I can throttle back the engine to 2/3's throttle.
    It cost about $115 for the kit and I didn't have to drill holes

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I installed the baffle on my 52"....... Cut is better and discharge is better

5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Where do you get these deck baffles? The standers come out of the box with a bad cut? Im thinking of buying one until reading these posts.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

it is not a bad cut, just improved with the baffle...... most new Standers come with them.... otherwise....you get them at a dealer.....

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'd still like to see pictures of this baffling.