Wright stander deck noise

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RhettMan, Jul 29, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Bought a new 36 stander about 2 weeks ago, love the machine. Recently I started to hear a squeal coming from the deck belt housing when the blades are on. I understand the spindles are not greaseable. Have you heard of this before? How can I fix this?

2. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

Does it squeal all the time? or just under load when cutting. If it is then the belt is probably slipping. Are you cutting long grass on a close cut? Check manual for any belt adjustments.
    Good luck Phil:)

3. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Depends on what's wrong.

Sealed spindles are not serviceable. Hard to believe they would be worn after 2 weeks. Check for play.

Then you might want to look at the idler pulley bearing, may be running dry. And naturally inspect the tension of the belt itself. Some companies make pulleys from welded tin, these can get warped or crack, I don't know what wright puts in. If the mower is left outside, water condensates on the belt making it squeak in the morning.

If it gets louder take it to the dealer for warranty work.

4. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

okay its not the blade belts, i was much to quick to judge that one, I dont hear this noise all the time, just happens sometimes.
    last time i heard it squeal i was off the mower with my blades off, raising my trailer gate, now im lost on what it could be