Wright Stander Decks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bigdog9501, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

Is there any difference in the deck of an 03 Wright stander 48" and the deck of an 06 Wright Stander 48"? Do they cut the same?

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Should'nt be at all. Are you still having cutting issues ?

3. Bigdog9501

I thought I saw on here last year about a change in the decks and the older models having some type of fix for it. I did a search but couldnt find it. Dont know about the cutting issues cause it isnt running right now. Getting it fixed Monday. I bought an 03 new with 4 hours and 2 year warranty but trying to get the bugs worked out is proving frustating. But, the price was too good to turn down. Just wanted to make sure when it does run that it is going to cut well. Thanks.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the 07 models added a front baffle to them which did increase the quality a bit, but they took them off assembly this year as they have had so many complaints about the deck not performing in thick or tall grass. i called and asked because i have one of them and experienced this. i am taking the baffle off and then it is the same deck alround, they did however change a pulley on the clutch to make the tip speed higher, what year they change4d i do not know. but i have an 02 stander and it has the lower tip speed compared to the other tow(06 and 07). it is a 55$ pulley upgrade to change any older stander to new higher tip speed. other than that, the rest of the deck and stuff is the same.

5. Bigdog9501

Thanks Grassman for the info.