1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander demo.. what should I expect?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawntimenosee, Jun 19, 2007.

1. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

I have a demo mower, gonna test it out tomorrow.. does anyone have this same model?

It's a Wright Stander 48" cut, 17 hp Kawi, pull start recoil, fixed deck.

Will let you guys know what I think tomorrow, tried it out on my grass (centipede) today and love it so far.
    Just concerned mainly because all other mowers I use have floating decks.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies :D

2. scag36

scag36 LawnSite Member

nic3e mower...fast ...stripes very well by me in nj i love them
  3. KC MOW

KC MOW LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Yes I would also like to hear from someone who has experience with floating decks and fixed decks on standers? Is the extra money worth it for the floating deck?
  4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I do wheelies with mine for fun after we finish mowing. Got to have fun sometime.
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Standers are very fun and very fast and efficient. You may come to find that it is a VERY good partner to the walker. The Stander stripes very nicely and holds hills like super glue. Around here, the fixed and adjustable deck is the same price. So it is really all a wash and based really upon operator preference. I have used a 52" 19 kawasaki fixed deck hundreds of times, and love it!!! It is nice to stand up some times rather than sit all day. Plus, you can get them under low trees by just stooping down under the branches and look around the side of it. I think after demoing, you may in fact purchase it.
  6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

you'll love the stander.....but idk about the 17hp on a 48"....i would go with a 19hp....or if you would consider a 52" a 23hp is an awesome combo...i love my stander!!
  7. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

the only down side to one is that you have about the same capcity for a grass catcher as you do for a walk behinde, the only way these mowers save time is if you dont have to bag
  8. lawntimenosee

Thanks to all that have replied so far.. I think this will be a great (&fun) mower to demo..

I look forward to tomorrow to be the true test for me to see if it will be efficient and save/make me $$ :D

Just as 'Sydenstricker Landscaping' stated, I am leaning toward purchasing this mower already, just want to see what she's made of in the field..
  9. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious....what's the serial number of that stander....looks like the older setup.
  10. lawntimenosee

Sorry I didn't get the serial.. but yes this is an older model stander.. maybe late 05 or 06 model.