1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander for 4 G's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by one man gang, Jul 25, 2006.

1. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

A local dealer wants me to demo a 2005 17/52 Wright Stander with 160 hours when it comes in next week. He wants $4000. Good deal? Good mower? I'm thinking it'd be under powered with the 17. Thanks in advance for any replies
  2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

It is probably going to be underpowered. I have a G.D. Surfer 52" w/20 hp. Kohler, and it could use a little extra at times. BUT, then, look at the price. That is not bad for that machine.The decision is yours. Buy it, use it and have a for sale sign on it all the time you are using it. Make a little profit off of it.
  3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Not enough power to run the deck and the hydros in a stand on machine!
  4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Not enough power! If it had like a 20 or more on it it would be a steal around here.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

We run 19 HP Kawasaki's on the two new 52" Standers the company I work for bought and they are the lowest I would want. Not even close to enough power on an irrigated lawn that's got a fertilization program! I would want either the 23 or 25 HP Kawasaki on a 52". But you can always buy the mower and buy a larger engine for it.
  6. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

Good point and thanks for all the replies