Wright Stander Fuel Isssues

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by stang2244, Sep 20, 2007.

1. stang2244

stang2244 LawnSite Senior Member

I am having a problem with my 36" 15hp kawi wright stander cutting out when I go to turn around. It doesn't do it every time but when it does it nearly dies and takes a couple seconds to regain power. I have replaced the fuel filter, checked the fuel pump to ensure that it is working properly, and checked the air filter and carb. I am lost as to what it might be. Of course, the mower is a month past it's one year warranty so I would like to try to resolve the issue by myself without having to pay and wait for it to be fixed by my dealer. I don't have a backup mower and cannot afford to use 21" mowers to cut all my accounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Andy

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Check for water/trash in the carb float bowl, Also do the same on the fuel tank.

Water/trash could be getting sloshed around restricting fuel flow in either.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

If something is wrong with the engine, that has a 2 year warranty. All Kawasaki's do.

However if it is fuel related, that wouldnt be covered under the warranty anyway...unless there is a defect in a part.

Are you sure its fuel and not something in the kill circuit?

4. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

It could be something grounding out, check all wires and connections.

5. stang2244

stang2244 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the help! I checked everything that you guys mentioned but couldn't figure it out so I had no choice but to drop it off at the dealer so that it will be useable for next week. PUGS: I thought the engine had a two year warranty so I called my dealer before I went in to drop it off and they told me repeatedly it was only one year. It wasn't the normal guy I talk to so Im guessing he is just a moron. Thanks for letting me know and clearing that up. I hope it ends up being something with the engine so I'm covered. Ill let you know and thanks again!

6. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Are you lifting your feet off of the safety plate by any chance?

7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, if you are light on your toes this can happen too if you stand far back and no weight up front.