1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander - Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLC LLC, Oct 19, 2007.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I found a Wright Stander 36" for sale. It has 840 hours on it, and I would say it is in pretty good condition. The seller is asking $3500.00 for the unit. Think this is a good deal?
  2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is too high. With 840 hours on it, its best days are gone. Just my opinion.
  3. Siesta Key Lawn Service

Siesta Key Lawn Service LawnSite Member

What is the reason you are looking at the stander. From your equipment list - looks like you have most everything covered.We didnt have much luck with the stander - would prefer a walk behind. I have to agree with Coonman, price seems a liitle high unless the unit is in mint condition.
  4. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to get rid of the 36 Ferris Single Hydro unit and replace it with a Stander 36. This unit will make life a lot easier.
  5. ed's lawn service

ed's lawn service LawnSite Member

That is quite a few hours on that machine! They will run alot more if they are properly maintained. I would not go over $2,900 to $3,000. My dealer had one for $2,900 with 930 hours and it had a brand new engine. They had also warrantied the deck, so it was brand new also.
  6. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I have a brand new 36" 07 Wright with 16 hours on it I'll sell you for 3500, its my friends who never got the business off the ground. I just picked up his trailer for a good price.
  7. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

Price seems a bit steep all things considered. I have a 48" stander that I use all the time. I also run alot of Ferris mowers as well that are also our primary mowers. I consider 36" mowers back yard mowers for homes, with gates, many of which have pools as well. On downside to the standers is that you cant lift the front wheels off the ground to avoid obstacles like pool copings, grade variations, etc... I have been a bit reluctant to but a 36" stander for that reason alone. You may be better with a dual drive hydro walkbehind. I demoed a single drive hydo and passed. Its a poor setup with the thumb contol reverse, etc...Just my opinion.
  8. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im looking for the good deal where is it ?
  9. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

Speaking of Wright Standers.....I found a 19hp/52" with 325 hrs for $4000. I believe it is an '06. Good deal? I'm not very familiar with these mowers.
  10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Prob too high.

Keep in mind this mower could die tomorrow with a major failure in engine ($1200-$1500, hydros and motors ($600 ea) or something else.

That's a what, $4500-$5000 mower, new? If so, not a good value at all.