1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander Hydraulic Line Replacement

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Fechmupbud, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Fechmupbud

Fechmupbud LawnSite Member

I just bought a used 05 Wright Stander with a 52" deck and 25hp Kaw (FH 721V off the top of my head - its something close to that). While cleaning/degreasing the mower yesterday, I noticed the left side (operators left) hydro lines had been rubbed raw (to the steel) by operating with an underinflated/or flat tire. J. Thomas does not list the two lines which wright states are 18.5" (of the 4 total lines, 3 are 18.5 and 1 is 15.5). The 15.5" line is 1/2 to 1/3 the price as the one in EP Distributers. Will napa make up one of these? Where else can I get one that isn't $75. If it can't be done, then so be it.

More importantly, are hydro lines really just tighten on? Any other tricks I need to know to achieve a tight connection? No teflon tapes, pipe dopes, coniffer rod crimps or binogey bearing seals?

I've verified that all the other hoses look alright, and figured that I would replace the hydro oil filter and put in fresh oil (Mobile synthetic something or another - need to look it up again)

I'll elevate the back wheels and be sure everything bled and all my neutral pts etc are ok.

Am I on the right track. Any insight?

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Always try NAPA first on hydro lines, They are much cheaper than factory. You are on the right track, It's not required to put anything on a compression type fitting threads and just tighten snug. You don't want to strip anything, If you do have a leak you have room to snug a little more.