1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander-Hydro Tank Breather

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JeffMOw, Jul 20, 2008.

1. JeffMOw

JeffMOw LawnSite Member

I just bought my first wright stander today and it ran great! However, after I was finished with my route I noticed that it looked like there had been oil leaking down near the bottom of the engine. After looking more closely and referring to my parts guide, it appears that the oily (i'm assuming hydro fluid) substance leaked from the Hydro Tank Breather. Is this a normal occurence as it appeared to leak a good amount of fluid? Thanks for any responses.

2. rogerwb

rogerwb LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Same problem with mine. Question: Will dust go back down the same tube oil comes out?
  3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it possible the tank is overfilled? On our Standers it is supposed to be at the bottom of the fill tube.
  4. rogerwb

rogerwb LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

The manual states the oil level should be one inch below the top of the tank looking through the fill hole. Which it is. It blows just enough oil for the dirt to stick to it. Clean it and it come right back.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

bottom of the fill tube and stuill, minor leakage is normal