Wright Stander kill switch ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, Aug 29, 2003.

When the mower is running with the blades engaged and you get step off the machine...

1. the engine dies.

9 vote(s)
  2. the blades stop, but the engine keeps running.

3 vote(s)
  1. For those of you who have Wright Standers, when you have the blades engaged and you step off of the mower; does the mower die or do the blades just stop turning?

I have a 36” that keeps running, but the blades stop when I get off of it. Then when I get back on, the blades engage by themselves. Just wondering if that’s normal.
  2. Tidycut

Tidycut LawnSite Member

I don’t think that is normal. Mine will die if I jump off while the blades are engaged and will not restart until I disengage the blades.

3. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Mine use to die before I clamped it down so It didnt work. Hit a big bump and it would kill spark for a second and dump raw fuel in the engine. 1 min fix Great mower:D
  4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

The entire unit should die - engine & all if safety switch is properly wired.
  5. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a John Deere Quicktrak and the blades will stop but the motor will stay running. Step back on and the blades will start again.
  6. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

On the Wright Stander if the blades are engaged both the engine and the blades stop and you have to re-start the engine. Nice safety feature if you get into trouble on a hill or something. All you do is jump off and the mower stops.
  7. Sounds like I have a defective mower, or at least the safety. Of course when I showed the dealer, the thought I had monkey'd with it.