Wright Stander Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pencap43, Oct 15, 2006.

1. pencap43

pencap43 LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm kinda new to lawnsite and was wondering if anyone had info on Wright Stander lawn mowers. I was interested in the 52 inch deck with the kohler engine. However, I do not know much about wright or the stander model. They are extremely popular in my area (south jersey) so I'm assuming they are well built machines. I'm 18 years and have been cutting grass for about 6 years. I have been expanding recently and I am in the market for a commercial mower. I am now running a cub cadet riding mower with a 20hp kohler engine and a 48inch deck. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!!

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Use the search feature. You can find oodles of info about 52" Wright Standers there.

Happy reading....:waving:

3. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have read lot of positive things about the Wright Standers, here on LawnSite. I have also had the oportunity to test one out at a local open house my dealer had. I was very impressed. When the time is right and I buy some new equipment, it will be a 32" Wright Stander and a 52" Wright Sentar Sport.

4. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

I love my Wright stander 36, fits through most gates except for those old style chain link fences....Takes little room on trailer, fun to operate, much faster than any Cub Cadet

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the Kawi on the stander. I thought they only offered the kawi engine, but I could be wrong. I love my stander. I bought it the 3rd week in October last year and I have 510 hours on it as of today. Thats how much I love it.

6. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I have a 36 Wright Stander and I love it.

7. pencap43

pencap43 LawnSite Member

I am pretty sure they offer the kohler engine for the 52 inch and 60 inch decks. I have always ran kohler engines and have not had any problems with them but I know Kawaski's are used in many commercial mowers. They are almost the same in price so I'm not sure which engine is really better. Thanks for the replies!!

8. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

also, look at the "fixed deck", if you have a good amount of customers, and they all have different lawns/grasses/preferrable methods of mowing height that can become a pain....

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Look at there new model with the adjustable deck and 19 kaw.