wright stander opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RossP, Aug 23, 2006.

1. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

im thinkin of adding a wright stander to my fleet next year. it should fit on my trailer well with my other equip... what are your opinions on the product? and does it really hold well on hills? if not, any other brands or suggestions?
  2. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hands down, best mower out there.
  4. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I had a sentar & didn't like it, the controls seemed too touchy. The cut on it was pretty good though.
  5. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

thanks for the info! any others take it on any hilly terrain????. a lot of my accounts are pretty uneven and im wondering if the stander will hold pretty good.
  6. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

The Stander will hold just about any terrain. I have mowed at a 45 degree angle before. It tore the hill up but I mowed it.
  7. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent mower. Exceptional handeling and a very clean cut.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

They are the best do it all mower on the market but some machines for certain things are better. Take like an account I am doing Friday, you are on the mower for 6 hours straight if I was using a Wright stander I would be there for at least 8 hours mowing if not 9. For wide open running My Hustler will tear that Wright a new butt ! My modified Hydro 52 can mow as much as a Wright but is not as comfortable and will not hold hills as well with a velkie but it can mow steeper inclines when walking.

I am debating as to weather get one myself it is a great mower!
  9. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, for a stander. Go with ther large Kawi., it will treat you well.
    Fantastic cut!
  10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Awesome piece of equipment. Get one....