1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright stander or sentar sport?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcp_3, Oct 13, 2007.

1. jcp_3

jcp_3 LawnSite Member

I'm, cutting a cemetery and would like to know which mower would be better?
    the 36" stander rh or the 36" sentar sport. There is some staight aways where it would be nice to sit. Does it become bothersome to stand all day?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have sentar with seat and our guys are always seated.
  3. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

I HAVE A 61" SENTAR IT FEELS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO SIT OR STAND I love it would not trade for reg zrt . The only thing I dont like is the dust and grass coming from front of deck blowing back i face.
  4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

OK...I'll be the oddball. I prefer standing. But most of my yards are so small Im not on it that long at one time. I guess if I had a big property to do it would be nice to sit.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Nice part about Sentar Sport is you can do either one.
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I do big and small properties. I like standing (although in fairness, I've never had a sit-down model). I've never felt tired standing (although my butt is dragging when I trim after 11-12 hours :laugh: ).

I suspect if I get a rider, I'll turn into a fat lazy slob. (No, I'm not inferring that those of you with riders are - that's just my nature.)
  7. Chuckie481

Chuckie481 LawnSite Member

I purchased a Wright Sentar 36 about a month ago and I love the machine.Very agile and productive. I have read varying posts regarding the controls but I found using my "thumbs" with other fingers on the "bar" allows better control . The Sentar with the 17 hp Kawasaki is a beast for me.I stand when I am tired of sitting and sit when I am tired of standing it works well for my requirements/ properties. Also, I found the "Scag" blades work best for my type of southern grasses.It cuts like a carpet! Very pleased with the Sentar.