1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wright stander owners help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys, i just bought a 52" wright stander RH, ive put about 10 hours on it so far and have noticed a few things. First off every time i go from flat ground to on a hill the mower scalps. With my zero turn there is a deck lift pedal but the wright has no way to lift the deck while mowing??? ive been just turning the blades off then re starting. Second off wich is the bigger problem is the mower has no traction, im a smaller guy only weighing 130lbs so im wondering if i just dont have enough waight on the drive tires?? Any help or suggestions would be great!! thanks
  2. Mowerboy04

3. lawnguy27

lawnguy27 LawnSite Member

I too have some trouble with traction. I have a Exmark Vantage but still a stand on. I only weigh about 100 so i definently have an issue... Is yours a fixed deck? If so you just have to watch where you go!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Mowerboy04

no its a floating
  5. LunarLandscape

LunarLandscape LawnSite Member

Just lift the deck with your hand lever and m
    ow the hill.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Mowerboy04

yea ill try that tommrow, just gonna take some practice
  7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

No its not. Its and quick height adjust fixed deck. The deck does not float at all.
  8. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

Since you bought it used see if it's missing a scalp wheel. Kinda stupid you ask me that a 52 wouldn't have a scalp wheel on it.
  9. lawnguy27

lawnguy27 LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure he bought it new.
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well it seems like nobody ever talked about these significant shortcomings of a stand on unit. We got three unit just got a scag and my son noticed that it scalps easy and slides off hills bad. I knew it would be impossible to lift that dam deck to avoid scalping like you can on a sit down machine. I am workign that pedal all the time. Now when you get up to 4" it is less of a problem. And sliding the stander has to be the worst machine for sticking on hills. Just fine going up and down but who mows that way:dizzy:
    But we learned to live iwth our Wright RH but it is only 36" and wider deck would be worse. Guess yours has scape wheels?