Wright Stander owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rogerwb, Aug 3, 2007.

1. rogerwb

rogerwb LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Wright Stander owners what’s the deal with the Rapid Height mowing decks? Did a search and found a lot of complaints about the deck with the quick adjustment feature.

Thanks

2. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

Whats the complaint? I've heard no such thing.

3. rogerwb

rogerwb LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Here's two examples

Go with the a fixed deck. The rapid height is crap. I love the 3 that I have and I am looking at 2 more before the year is out. If your deck is catching try going at an angle on the way down and gas going up. These things are fun to wheelie anyway.

All 52" by the way.

I have an 06 19/48 r/h stander with about 500 hrs and its worked great so far the only issue it had was the pivot points for the deck height adjustment breaking (three times) but they have updated them for 07 with ball bearings instead of metal on metal my dealer swapped mine out with no questions and haven’t had any problems since. apparently there were only two in the twin cities metro area to exhibit this problem.

4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like that second reply that you listed should answer your question. I will be demoing one on 8-8 (next Wed.) and I will ask about it.

5. rogerwb

rogerwb LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

So Maybe the upgrade took care of any issues?

I will ask the dealer about it. But always like to ask users of the unit to comment.
    Thanks

6. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

The RHA works great on my 52 so far(only three weeks though).

7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

so yours is a new baby huh? curious, what do you have powering it? Like I said I will be doing a demo next week, did a demo on a John Deere stander a few weeks ago and it was pretty nice, just seemed a bit clumsy.

8. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

The most you can get with the RH is 19. I wish you could get more but we switch heights several times a day so the RH was a must. It's cutting great so far but next spring will be the test. It likes to slide a bit crossing steep inclines.

9. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Mr. jsf343 -

No worries, one man gang will shortly give us all an in depth review (w/lots o' pics) of his RH 52" Stander.

I know I can't wait!

Let's thank him in advance. . . Thanks one man gang!

:waving:

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Im planning on purchasing some Wrights next year and have demoed both the regular and the RH.

The main difference in the 2 (besides the height adjustment) are basically "creature comforts". Less padding for you to lean against.