Wright Stander...Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbell36, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

Do they scalp easily?...i only see fixed decks, never see floating...do they even offer a floating deck?...i'm looking at a 36" stander, and i know that is a small deck and probably doesn't need a floating deck, but i like having the insurance of a floating deck...any feedback would be helpful, thanks...

also, how do they do on hills? it just seems like once you start sliding you can't do anything about it...

2. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Search "36 inch stander" and you willl find a few threads about them, I made a few before I bought mine! They are said to be super strong, reliable, great cutting, hill holding machines...

3. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

i have a 52" stander that has over 1300 hours on it. i love it, it is a fixed deck and holds hills wonderfully. they do offer a floating deck although ive never used one. the 52 dosnt scalp a bit. i have also used a 36 and a 61 that a friend of mine owns. the 61 dose scalp a little bit.

4. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

I have two 36" standers they both cut great from day 1 haven't had any problems with scalping. If your unsure of it try & demo one first

5. BAKERS

BAKERS LawnSite Member

They dont scalp because the rear wheels are so close to the deck.

6. clcare2

clcare2 LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I have 5 52's and have only had a problem on one property one time. You can scalp if you leave the discharge to the ground at the bottom of a hill but this is the only time it has been an issue. On hills they wil slide but seem to take them better than most other mowers. After a awhile you learn how to power out of a slide and the guys seem to be more willing to take them on hills that we wouldn't put another mower on on.

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

The simple and short answers to your questions are... No they don't scalp very easily, yes they do offer a floating deck but I don't think you need it, and they truely hold hills very nicely. You will not be disappointed with a Wright Stander. I have 6 of them right now, in sizes 36", 52", and 61".