Wright Stander ( PROBLEM ) !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinchcomb Lawn, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

Just got to use the new Wright Stander today. I bought the 36 fixed deck. Every lawn that I cut had deep tire tracks, not ruts tire tracks. The cut is great and there are no other problems. I havent checked the air pressure I figured the dealer has it set up correctly. Is this common with the standers ? Is there anything I can do to fix this. None of my other mowers do this, Please give me your thoughts !!! :confused:
  2. Stinchcomb Lawn

Well ?? Someone has something to say about this !!
  3. jtoman

jtoman LawnSite Member

it may have something to do with the weight distribution and the fact that you are also on the mower as well. How big are the tires?
  4. Stinchcomb Lawn

The tires are stock, larger than the tires on the 32. This is why I bought the 36 because of the bigger tires thinking that this wouldnt be an issue.
  5. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

How big a ol' boy are you?

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

I have a 36in fixed deck stander and I have only encountered tracks when the ground was very wet? Was the ground wet when you mowed?
  7. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Check to see that your dealer set the tire pressures correctly....The psi should be in your owners manual......They come over inflated from the factory.
  8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

wouldn't make that much of a difference. You would notice over inflated tires more if they were spinning real easy.
  9. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I would guess the tires are over inflated. I know they had the pressure up to 25psi on my tank when I bought it to make sure the tires seal.
  10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Buy a blade height checker and make sure both blades are level all the way around the blade circle. Now is the time to resolve QOC issues, not after you have 200 hrs on that machine.