Wright stander question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The mayor, Jan 25, 2007.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't see it on their website so I thought I would ask here. Does wright make a stander (not sentar) with a floating deck.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Yes. i think its called Stander with Rapid hight. or RH.

3. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

John,
    I don't think it is actually a floating deck, the RH is for Rapid Height adjustment. when you adjust the hieght of cut, the deck and engine frame move up and down together.

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

The answer is no sorry guys. That is the only reason I would hesitate before I bought one.

5. John Gamba

from ct

I see your point. I do believe that if you hit uneven turf it will go up and down. But it is easy to adjust the hight.I had a Hustler 251K that was set up the same way and the deck did go up and down like on the walks. It is 80 to 100 pounds heavier then a deck with no engine on it.

6. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

I don't think it would float up, as I believe that it stays in it's locked position. The other thing I dislike about this option is the face as you lower the height, you are lowering the handles as well, which doesn't bode well if your a taller person. But not having tried running it on uneven turf to test it, so I can't answer with 100% accuracy.

7. John Gamba

from ct

I thought the Sentar was like that???????

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If that decks hits something dead on something could break because you have all the weight of the motor on the deck and it is locked in position. And you would probably take a big dive.....over the handles. But the good news it hasn't for a year and we use it very heavy use.. We don't drive like hell or cut cow pastures and we use the seat so RH adjusting isn't a problem. For small residential the sentar 36" is a a big winner .....we bought it over a Scag 36" ZTR and we are Scag guys.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Ed
    When you get your hight, is the deck in a (fixed) position or will it move up and down with the ground?? This is on your rh one.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is a straight connect linkage to the adjustment handle that locks into postions. So is almost likea fixed deck, but there is likely a little flex in the entire linkage mechanism but not much.. It will scalp but not significant on our type of lawns. Maybe a larger deck than 36" might be a lot worse if they have RH don't know.