Wright Stander Rapid Height

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lowe Mowing, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the new Wright Stander RH. I just sold my mower and was looking into purchasing one of these. Any positive or negative comments would help me with the purchasing of a new mower. If you do not like Wright Standers, what other mowers would you reccomend for purchasing. I have about 50 residential lawns and I like the Wright Stander because it is compact and easy to move around different things. Any input would be greatly appreciated.--Thanks

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I use Wrights, and wouldn't change brands..period. The new RH Standers are really going to sway some of the fence sitters about stand on mowers. If you have lots of landscaping to mow around, tight areas, open areas, leaves, slopes, save trailer room, and want to increase production 30-50%, , then Wrights are the choice for you.If you haven't already, do yourself a favor , and demo one. Go to Wright's website and click on Channel Partner Discounts to get a better price for about the next 2-3 weeks.

3. mhaysmow

mhaysmow LawnSite Member

i just bought a stander a few months ago i love it never use my walk behind anymore. the only prob is it sucks to change height of blades ive talked to the dealer about the new rh system they told me its basically a copy of what john deere did and its nice. built with all heavy material ..... now you get a the perfect mower for 80% of residential lawns i think compact, fast, and adjustable you can put 3 standers on a trailer to 2 ztrs... but you do still stand all day not to bad if your average lawn takes 20 minutes to mow and 15 to trim edge and blow...i think they will do good this year might buy one myself

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

i think once they put the bigger engines on them they will sell better. i don't know too many people that these days would want 19HP on a 52" deck. i've used 52" wright standers for 2 years and they are awesome, great for everything except acreage. much more manueverable than a walkbehind. the height adjustment was my main complaint, and now, it's looks like they have a real winner.

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

Wrights rh is a lot better than adjusting the qwik trak. On the deere you have to lean forward and put the little pin in for each height, The stander you just set and go.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think they went single level this year too...
    But with their service, who cares....

7. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

THere is a pin on the RH also. I have a SENTAR SPORT 36" and the pin acts as a stop so the deck won't go lower if you hit a bump. Its still easy to adjust though.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

So guys, in the end, which units actually made production with the rapid height?

Engine?
    Deck Size?
    Price?

Also, could someone elaborate a bit more on the deck suspension.
    Looks like they came up with something a little different.

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Stander Rapid Height
    17/36 $ 6354.00
    19/48 $ 6639.00
    19/52 $ 6689.00

Sentar Sport
    17/48 $ 6829.00
    19/52 $ 6879.00

These were the prices quoted by my dealer today for 2006 prices. This is their MSRP list. Channel Partner Discount program should be a lot better.

10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking into Wright mowers lately. But my dealer won't sell using the Channel Partner discount program. Says he doesn't make much money on a machine that way. :realmad: He might just loose a sale.