1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander recoil or electric

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ray&Christine, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about getting a 32 inch Wright Stander. Are there any issues of having to pull start the machine to unload it from the truck or trailer? I was thinking it may be difficult climbing over other machines to pull the cord. The machine being a hydro would have to be running in order to move is my understanding, I would guess that hydro walk-behinds would be the same. I could turn the dump valves on the hydro motors but it might be hard to contol the machine going down the ramp. Is it worth the extra $700 for the electric start and the 17 hp compared to the 15 hp recoil?
  2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Electric Start is worth it.
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

get the electric start
  4. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

Yep, it's worth every dime of it. You will recoup most of that when you sell it down the road.

Get the electric!
  5. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

get the electric start
  6. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

Electric by far......worth every single penny
  7. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Pick a spot on the trailer where you are comfortable with it. You can loosen the recoil starter and turn it around on top of the engine to suit your own situation, if the money is the issue. It seems to be 6 of one, or half-dozen of the other: recoil rope and spring VS. battery, key and starter motor. The key is nice and quick, the recoil keeps you in shape. Ha, Ha.

ROCKYM LawnSite Member

Get the electric start! I didnt and wish every day that I had on mine.
  9. C.Meece

C.Meece LawnSite Member
    from KY

electric is well worth the $ I have a stander 36 with 17 kaw i love it just wish I could find a way to stripe better
  10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I am the only one here that has the right to answer this. I had two 52" 17hp pull start standers. Well one of them had the motor crap out. So I replaced it with a 19hp electric start kawi. A world of difference. I run an enclosed trailer. So pull start inside the trailer is hard. The electric is easy. This is why my new stander was order with a 25hp kawi electric start. Worth the money. payup

Way ahead of you on that problem. I already figured it out. Patent pending.