1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander RH 36" engine info

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by rosenlawnservice, Feb 6, 2013.

1. rosenlawnservice

rosenlawnservice LawnSite Member

Hi, I just purchased a used wright stander and the engine identification sticker isnt on the engine. Could you tell me the engine model and spec numbers? The mower is a model# wsr36 17 kawe. The serial is 38786. Also what year is the mower. Am unable to find info on parts sites. Thanks

2. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

Rosenlawnservice,

Serial number 38786 was built on 4/23/07, the engine serial number is FH541VA54932 and the spec is CS31.

Best Regards,
    Wright Mfg.

3. rosenlawnservice

Thanks for the info. I was going over the mower today and was wondering what the best method for draining the hydraulic oil is. I didnt notice a drain plug in the resevoir. I pulled up the owners manual but couldnt find any info on this. Thanks for your help.

4. WrightCommercial

Rosenlawnservice,

We use Mobil 1 synthetic 15W-50 motor oil per Hydro Gear because they consider it a lifetime fluid, so normally there is no need to change the hydro fluid. It is recommended to change the filter every 300 hours or at least once a year. Usually the only time the fluid is changed is for component failure, a leak that has possibly caused contamination or high hours. If the fluid looks clean and doesn't seem overheated there is no need to swap it, the least amount of times the system is opened the better. How many hours are on the unit?

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

5. rosenlawnservice

It has 500 hours on it.

6. WrightCommercial

Rosenlawnservice,

At 500 hours if you don't know for sure that it has had the filter changed definitely do that but the fluid shouldn't need it.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.