Wright Stander RH or Toro Grandstand?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rosenlawnservice, Feb 5, 2013.

1. rosenlawnservice

rosenlawnservice LawnSite Member

Am new to the stander market and looking for some opinions. Looking into a 36 in wright stander rh or toro grandstand to replace my wornout Hustler mini fastrak for gated yards and small residentials. Which is the better mower? Comfort, power, reliability etc... thanks for your input.

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Well wright is basically the king of the stander market so I would look strongly at them. People complain about the cut quality of their decks though so that has to be taken into consideration aswell. I have heard that the grandstands are a bit more comfy as they have a platform off the frame, and the wright you stand in between the wheels. Both machines have similar engines and hydrolic systems so reliability would be about even with proper maintanence.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Neither. I would get a Wright Stander. Just the fixed deck. But thats just me. Not a fan of any of the RH models.

I like the new X models but they dont go down to 36".

4. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard good things about the toro grandstand, never used either though. I was thinking about getting a toro grandstand. Not sure yet though.

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We use GS's we have a 40 and a 52, can't speak about the wrights, I've been sold on the GS's since I first bought mine two years ago, they or at least our toro's cut great and are comfortable, great visibilty and manuveribility, In addition they can be manuvered on the trailer to fit additional equipt when the need arises. There was a bit of a learning curve but once we got used to them we were sold. We run ours with full mulch kits and gator blades seems to be the best combo for cut quality.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Get the Wrights they are proven the other standers need a little more time in the field. Nothing wrong with RH we have 2 36" units. Overall pleased with them just got to stay on top of oil leaks on those 17hp Kaw

7. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I like the versatility of a Grandstand.

8. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

For cut and comfort, you can't go wrong with a Toro,their are a few company's with wright in my area and I'm not impressed with their cut quality.

9. hrhlawn

hrhlawn LawnSite Member

I have both of them 52 grandstands and a 36 rh both r great on power Toro rides better than the wright rh a lot better gas then the toro the rh stripes better than the Toro and is better and wet grass than the toro Toro is better in dry grass then the rh they are both great machines the wright I've never had to do anything to accept routine maintenance I got 605 hours on it and still on the original belts the grandstands I'm on the second set and they've got 500 hours of them
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I would suggest you demo both on your accounts to see which one you like best. Also demo the Gravely Pro-Stance. It has features no other stander has at this point. I tried one last season and was impressed.
    Posted via Mobile Device