Wright Stander RH Vs. Wright Sentar?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AdamChrap, May 20, 2006.

1. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Well the title pretty much says it. What do you think is better? Is the rapid hight stander just a sentar with no seat? I demoed a sentar once and a stander but no rapid hight stander. I know the regular stander and the sentar are very different. I am looking at buying a 48" and would like some feedback.
    Thanks

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got the Sentar Sport 36" with Rapid height adj and elect start and seat and like it a lot. If you are tall you might have to bend over to reach the controls since they are a little lower than on the stand-up stander. The height adj is nice since the motor and belt all travel up/down together so everything stay aligned. I have have to eat my words but this seems to be the best mower I have run into...I am a Scag guy.

3. AdamChrap

Thanks alot but does anyone have any coment on the original question? Is the RH Stander just a sentar with no seat? I know the original stander and the sentar are verey different as far as weight dispersment and the angle that you stand at.

4. AdamChrap

Anyone?.................

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What are you concerned about, I looked at them side by side and they look similar. For example the drive motors seem the same and spindles and engine, and the wheels. The operator control handles are higher on the standup and you have a fixed deck versus the adjustable on the rapid adjustable. Yes these machines probably have a LOT of common parts??

6. AdamChrap

Like the sentar did not go up hill near as good, It wanted to pick the front end up (when standing) but the stander did much better at this. Also the angle you stand at was different on the stander then the sentar. So I wanted to know if the stander RH is more like the sentar or the stander.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Ok ....I am a little surprised that the uphill would be different enough to notice? Maybe the engine is a little further forward on stander? The console is higher on the stander so I would think that would be worse if you are trying to lean forward when you are going up a hill. Interesting question!

8. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I THINK that the RH Stander is the same as the sentar without the seat. The controls are positioned a little higher but other than that, I could not tell a difference.

Here is what I do know for sure: The RH Stander and the regular stander are not the same machine except for the RH feature. They handle differently and the balance is different. The RH may be a fine machine but I personally prefer the feel of the regular Stander.

9. AdamChrap

Thanks that is what I was looking for

10. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

ran the 52" sentar and the 32" stander

not the same.... the sentar is a ztr... it should be compared to other ztrs
    the mowing speed is around 11mph as opposed to standers 7mph...

the stander is its own thing ... u can call it a ztr without the seat or a wb without the walk..

the sentar also has a floating deck.. stander has a fixed (even the rh)

running the stander all day is less tiring than running a wb... but running a sentar is less tiring than running a stander.. the rh adj. is nice to see this year for some of the frames.. .keep in mind this is the small frames with the rh.. a regular stander large frame does not have the rh.

having said that the sentar sport and the small frame rh standers appear very similiar. I would check if the mowing speeds go up on the sentar sports or if the same as the stander rh's. dont believe the dealer on speed. look at what wright specifically tells you in writing.. if u ask ur dealer, he'll say outta habit the sentar is 10-12mph, whiich may not be true with the sport models.