Wright Stander-RH

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lowe Mowing, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard anything about the new Rapid Height Wright Stander. I went to the dealer yesterday and asked him about it and he said they just found out that they could get them. Has anyone else heard anything about the adjustable height wright stander, which in my opinion is the best thing that Wright could invent. Any feedback on this mower or any mower similiar to this would be greatly appreciated. Anyone know anything about prices either?
  2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I wrote for information on them and the sentar sport a month ago. No reply. How much effort does it take to pop a label on a brochure and mail it? They can't even be bothered to put decent information on their mowers on the website. The basic design of it dates from about 5 years ago at least. Apparently broadband hasn't hit their area either. They still list 42" standers in one section, then they're omitted in the channel partner discount area. The dealer I went to 2 years ago to check them out doesn't sell them anymore. I rarely see one in this area. You'd think they'd have video of one in action on their website to show how much more quickly it turns on small properties. Nope, instead they have an idiotic one of the "velke turn". Wow, impressive, a guy doing donuts in a parking lot. Try that on a lawn and see what happens. They had a small handful of stander photos in action, the same handful, for years and years. None were detailed shots showing features. But even those seem to be gone now.

They may make decent mowers, but they don't know beans about marketing or customer service. Does it occur to them that if you want early adapters to take a risk on the new designs, you have to give them information first? And don't say "see the dealer". They know less than we do here. Absolutely pathetic. But they're not alone. Most of the small niche brands are the same. Gee, I wonder why they're small brands?
  3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

This is the best of best explanation and identification of Stander stuff. Lesco is outselling them to be honest.
  4. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa