Wright Stander Safety Switch Disable

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jul 30, 2012.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody know how to disable the safety switch that is on the foot platform (where you stand). Its such a pita to be cutting and then u move your feet and the engine starts to kill and blades stop turning because u shifted to much weight to the back of the platform and not the front.
  2. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 32 in wright and there is a black relay under the gas tank kinda by the hydo pumps ,after I removed the broken elay I took some wire and connected one side to the other and left the lower connection alone .its been working like this for 2 years
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

No one is going to tell any one on here how to disable a safty switch. They do and some one gets hurt it could end up in court. Sorry but this is one thing you are going to have to get help somewhere else.
  4. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

If you need to disable the switch for TESTING purposes, you simply unplug the connector at the switch and plug a jumper wire into the harness connector.
    You'll be able to tell if the switch is bad. Be sure and REMOVE THE JUMPER after you test , or the OPC system will not work properly!!

The switch/connector is a pain to get to. Its located on the right rear of the motor deck just forward of the pump. If you move the platform youll see the activating rod acting on the switch. Be careful when you remove the connector as you don't wanna damage it.

You really don't wanna mess with the relay, no need to.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about taking that one off that means you can get off the machine and run it up and down ramps etc. Seems a little unsafe since those hydros are jerky and the brakes are junk.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

You can do that with it connected. It only shuts the machine down if the blades are turned on. If the blades are off, you can hop off and drive the machine around anyway.
  7. LuckyFlyinROUSH

LuckyFlyinROUSH LawnSite Member
    from MO

There is a relay down by the hydros where the step plate pulls the bar/spring thing. Takes some testing... turning the mower on and engaging the blades...but when you find the two correct wires you just have to take a nut and twist two of the wires together.

Obviously this endangers your life blah blah blah...don't do this at home...blah blah.
  8. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Obviously....I know Jack Roush....and you're no Jack Roush....blah...blah....blah
    If he ever compromised safety....he would never talk about it....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  9. LuckyFlyinROUSH

LuckyFlyinROUSH LawnSite Member
    from MO

No ****. He gives a mustang even more power without adding better tires...so every idiot can go sideways out of the ford parking lot.

The rules of "Don't be an idiot, and be aware of the dangers of the machine you are operating apply for both."

I took the relay out because it broke...and was cutting my engine every two seconds even though I was standing on it. More wear and tear on my engine. Making it more reliable. I don't put my mower in any situations where it could take off my foot.

Same goes for my ROUSH P51 Mustang sporting 700hp...I treat it with respect...because it could kill me.

Go back to your hole.
  10. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Anybody can drive one...few can build one...
    Just havin some fun...nuthin personal....my bad...
    Must be the dog days of summer...that's twice in a week that some blah blah blah has blah blah blahed....
    Its not a hole....its a holeshot.....
    Posted via Mobile Device