Wright Stander Sport (vs RH)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by recycledsole, Oct 10, 2013.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hey guys,
    Been researching wright standers, and saw they have a model with a fold out seat so you can sit or stand. Called 'sport'. Anyone have any experience with the sport version? Anything that makes this inferior to the RH or X models? Seems nice to have the option to sit.
    thanks

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Seat is a good option we got 2 of them.

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have one as well and they are GREAT! just the option to stand or sit is really nice.

4. recycledsole

from MD

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

The sport is just the new Sentar but not as tough or strong.... However the new ZK is unbelievable!!!! I don't know why anybody would ever buy a stander that wasn't a Wright... And to take it one step further, why anyone would not buy the ZK! Thing is an absolute BEAST

6. recycledsole

from MD

how does the seat adjust? can you get it out of the way enough to comfortably stand?

7. recycledsole

from MD

yes 13.5mph is good, but I need 36" mower

8. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

The Sport and RH are the same machine. Just add a seat and lower the controls down a bit on the Sport.

In that same respect the Stander X and Sport X are the same machine...just add the seat and lower the controls a bit.

I think the RH is going away as the new Stander I takes its place....and I would assume there is probably a Sport I in the works...

9. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Sport = Redesigned Sentar

To add to what pugs said, yes there is some major speculation a Sport l is in the works; nothing has been confirmed by Wright yet. We'll have to wait and see!

10. recycledsole

from MD

im tall, I hope the controls aren't lowered too much. I want to demo one