Wright Stander Stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, Jul 30, 2006.

1. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

stripes on my own lawn from today......tried some new highlifts that were twisted instead of notched......they seems to really decrease the turbulance under the deck.....

DSC03301.JPG

2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

looks good.

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Looks real nice. Where did you get the new blades? Any pics of the new blades. How was the cut before the new blades? Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't been getting a real nice cut with regular lift blades on my Wright w/b.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Those Wright's really lay some nice stripes. The ones we use certainly do.

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

I got the new blades from mowproducts.com under the Exmark section.....I do not have pics right now when I switch them out tomorrow I will try to take a pic,

The cut was good.
    D

6. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Are there any baffles on your Stander? If not, do you get much blowout. I'm considering taking off the mulch baffles on my Gravely since I side discharge and I remembered Wright has a very open deck, which I prefer. It seems to really give a great cut!

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

Male, from Dayton, OH

no baffles...

8. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

Can you give us the Exmark part number? This sounds interesting.
    You have a nice web page too!

9. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Those are some beautiful stripes. It reminds me of when I was in the service. I was on the mowing crew one summer and we used Woods, but man did the lay some nice stripes. I just don't see how I would have been in the service. I think I'm lying or something similar. I don't know my butt from a biscuit?:confused:

10. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

I purchased a set of high-lifts for my 52 stander and used them today. On drier grass they pulled EVERYTHING up and were blowing stuff out every which way with the catcher on. With the catcher off, they discharged much better than the standard blades. Seemed to bog down a little more in real thick grass cause these blades are much thicker and wider. Nice stripes though.