Wright stander vs. Great dane?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by BAGHERVANCE, Apr 17, 2011.

1. BAGHERVANCE

BAGHERVANCE LawnSite Member

Which do you prefer ? Myself Wright stander

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my dane but the only thing I hate about it is the deck. While it has a great cut, better then a stander, it does not discharge the grass as fast as I'd like it too. So mowing tall wet grass is where it struggles.

3. BAGHERVANCE

I dont really think dane has a better cut.

4. BAGHERVANCE

Also I just think the Dane is poorly put together vs the wright.

5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

whens the last time you stepped on a dane, or is all this here say? mine is very strong and has an excellent cut. i dont understand where you come up with this crap. i have gator high lift blades on mine, maybe that makes a difference. if you like your stander, great, more power to ya, i just dont care for the cut it puts out,IMO.

6. BAGHERVANCE

Come up with what crap? Wright make more deck sizes Dane doesn't have a 61'' deck , wright also has a bigger motor 25 vs dane's 17-23 ,and the stander ways much less 835 vs dane's 860lbs. Dane just isn't commercial grade why would you put a 17hp motor on a 52'' deck? I mean sure they make a 52'' deck that is commercial grade but that's the biggest stander mower great dane makes ,the 34'' and 48'' are just like home owner grade.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Great Danes are the original mold for stander design. Why do you think they and Wright were the only ones available up until a few years ago. HP and deck sizes vary by manufacturer for different reasons. There is a lot more to mower performance than just numbers slapped together. Saying a Dane isn't commercial grade shows you haven't owned or operated one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. BAGHERVANCE

Yea but own three stander is just as good even better ,numbers slapped together or what the products produce.

9. superdog1

superdog1 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Lebanon, PA

My Cub Cadet RZT works better than either brand of mowers, and my Dad can kick your Dad's a$$, Lol

10. BAGHERVANCE

Haha Cub cadet really? landscape much or just out of highschool ,oh and my dad is your dads boss