Wright Stander vs. John Deere Quik Trac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mott413, Apr 7, 2007.

1. mott413

mott413 LawnSite Member

Which one of these would everyone recommend? What are the main differences?

2. mott413

mott413 LawnSite Member

bump......

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I bought Wright standers. The dealer carries both Deere and Wright and the Deere unit is so big and bulky compared to the Wright. Please let me know if you run the Deere. I had one of the first Quiktraks in Missouri(the first model) and it had all kinds of problems. I will say most of them have been addressed but..........

4. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i have the 667 before they changed the styling. i love it, strong machine, and you can't beat the 7-iron. i like the wrights too, i just went with the deere.

5. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

the lenghth of the wright is shorter. you can fit more of them on your trailer

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I cant speak about the Wright Stander. I bought a JD Quik Trak 647 and my buddy bought the Wright Sentar Sport. I love my Deere. It cuts great, cuts fast...gets into tight areas. It is extremely well built...7 iron deck is great. I know alot of guys happy with the Wrights too.

I had to have an easily adjustable deck height so the traditional stander with a fixed deck was out. Wright does have the rapid height deck now though. If you buy either one I think youll be happy.:usflag:

7. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I know you havent gotten into thick bermuda yet steve but how to you like to so far? I know i talked to you about mulching earlier in the year and i finaly bit the bullet and found a good deal on a used mulching deck for 1 of my walkers ill try it out this year and see how it works out maybe in the future i will buy a dedicated mulching machine

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I love my Wright stander, very strong, great cut, and good on hills....Can't say anything about the JD.....I have never used them.

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36" stander and a 50" quik trak. The stander is very light the deere feels like a tank compared to it. I run a mulch kit on both mowers and the deere will mulch better than the wright.

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've never used the John Deere, but I have used it's cousin, the Great Dane Super Surfer. I found the Wright to be better in just about every category than it's longer-framed counterpart. The shorter frame of the Wright allows for better hillside stability, greater maneuverability, quicker 180 degree turns, and like already mentioned they don't take up as much trailer room.