Wright Stander Vs. Super Surfer... Which is Better?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Perry's Lawn Service, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Perry's Lawn Service

Perry's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Wright Stander Vs. Super Surfer... Im currently looking at a wright stander 52" and ive had people tell me that great danes are better, then others that say Standers are the way to go..Please.. Ill take and info you guys have out there on these two machines Thanks

2. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

I have not used either one but I would consider the dealers...which one will give you better service, give you a loaner, have more parts in stock, etc. Demo both of them on some yards that you do and then chose which one you want. Also do a search and see what other members have posted about them.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Stander. If you want a reliable machine. And they now have a rapid deck height adjustment. If you want a unreliable Great Dane.

The stander can hold hills better than any machine. The Great Dane is even worse than most ztrs on hills.

4. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

What's the deal with the
    rapid height adjustment?

5. LorentzLawnSnow

LorentzLawnSnow LawnSite Member

i have owned both and i would say go with the stander. when great dane switched to the floating deck, the machine can no longer take hills. the stander is one of the best machines i have ever run on a hill. plus now the standers do 10 mph.

6. skiingx101x

skiingx101x LawnSite Member

hey im lookin to by a used wright stander sentron and i was told its a "problem child" I would really apriciate it for some advice on the product.
    Thanks!!

7. NLS1

NLS1 LawnSite Member

Just go try the two back to back, and you will likely want to buy the Wright.
    Thats what I did and easily wound up with the stander. Love it, will be buying a 32 or 36 in addition next year. Amazing on the hills. Way lower center of gravity and smaller footprint than the Surfer.
    Good luck!

8. NLS1

NLS1 LawnSite Member

Thought it said 9-20-2007, but it was from two years ago!:hammerhead:

9. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

How is the Deere quik trac on hills, since it is essentially the same as the Great Dane?

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 48" Super Surfer, and it does not hold hills as well as an Exmark 52" Lazer HP. But the Great Dane is a secondary machine, so it isn't as important to me. Price was important, I paid $5500 new from Lesco (I'm not a big Lesco customer, others may do better on price). The Wrights with floating deck were quite a lot more, almost $7K. One complaint...no striping kit!

My options within my budget was either a hydo WB, or the Surfer. I went Surfer and I am happy.