1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

wright stander weld or new deck?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tacobloc, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

We weld decks all the time down here. The sandy soil wears holes right through them. Basic stuff for any welder.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

You've got that right....it seems that I use the mig welder more than the parts washer anymore...

3. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

This will be the fifth one I've done. I remove the deck from the mower, remove all spindles and pulleys, take it down to just the deck skin. They are like new when finished.

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That's a good deal for the repair !! How many hours does your machine have on it ??

I think I would seriously consider letting someone go if they damaged my machines like that ... you might give it some thought !!

5. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

6. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

I don't get it!!! ALL that work.... for what???

You makin' a show mower.........or a go mower???

7. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

ALL the Wrights I work on have a right beefy rub rail welded on the bottom of the left skirt.
    He must have let it get so worn that they (operators) snagged it on something! You just don't rip off a six inch section of LEFT side deck!!
    He said he's got a couple more with holes in em! Serious lack of maintenance !!