Wright Stander-what do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chideloh, Jan 13, 2010.

1. chideloh

chideloh LawnSite Member

Can you tell me about the Wright Stander mowers?

I am thinking about purchasing one. I plan to go and look at one today (used one).

What has been your experience? Are they good machines? How do they compare with other w/b and riding mowers?

Anything I need to look for in used one?

Thanks in advance.

David

2. nboeger4

nboeger4 LawnSite Member

it all depends on what kind of grass/properties you mow. but i mow mostly warm season grass on properties that are flat and some have hills. i love my stander. its a 48in with a 17hp motor. however i have heard bad things on the rapid height standers.

3. chideloh

chideloh LawnSite Member

What do you mean "rapid height standers"?

Thanks

4. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Standers are great for a 36 in mower. by far the best. If you need something bigger and bag get a sit down, exmark/grasshopper. If not bagging stander would be great, if mowing alot of accounts legs start to feel it.

I have the RH no problems here. knock on wood. I change heights too much, on to many properties. life saver. beats getting greasy, and messing with the links every time to chane height. PITA. jmo.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dey is da greatest mang!

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Do I say that with a jersey accent or a cajun accent?

7. nboeger4

nboeger4 LawnSite Member

the rapid height standers are the ones that have floating decks unlike the normal standers that have fixed decks. look at wrights website im sure they have some pics. i would post some but i need to get to bed.