Wright Stander won't suck up leaves?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by goldstarlandscaper, Oct 12, 2006.

1. goldstarlandscaper

goldstarlandscaper LawnSite Member

My wright stanger 48" does a terrible job sucking up leaves in the fall. It leaves rows of leaves on the bagger side on every row. My belt driven scag gets every single leaf, no problem. Any suggestions?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't know Stander was meant to bag.......since those blades are right at the bottom edge of the deck. I would try some high lift blades?

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Use the right tool for the right job.

4. dKoester

Use the right tool for the right job.

5. goldstarlandscaper

goldstarlandscaper LawnSite Member

We actually put our scag blades on the stander and it didn't do any better, so maybe i will try some high lift blades. Its such a pain in the ass to have to double cut the lawns just to get all the leaves.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Actually Wright don't have any unique blades so we use Scag blades. I got some high lift blades for our Scag Tiger and they pulled the engine down so much I couldn't use them, but this 17hp should have plenty power. We mulch with the outlet closed on all our units. Wright has been pretty responsive to us maybe ask dealer to get with them.

7. dKoester

Don't get me wrong, I love those machines GREAT ON CUTTING GRASS just not leaves.

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a gator type blade, Hi-Lifts will only aggravate the blow-out problem on the discharge side.