Wright Stander X Fabricated Bagger Project

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Saurkraut, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Saurkraut

Saurkraut LawnSite Member

So I had a old PECO bagging system laying around and I absolutly hate using my stander only for grass... $80 in steel and a few beers later I came up with this. And yes, I will be putting on a counter weight to help balance the machine again. :drinkup:

iphone 005.jpg

iphone 004.jpg

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet! How did you mount it to the back, pictures?

3. Saurkraut

To build the frame I took 2" square tubing and the lower anchor points are where the curb wheels go. The upper anchor point I drilled a hole in the side of the fender so it couldn't swing back and forth. It turned out very solid. I was jumping on the back end and its solid as a rock... The best part is I can have it on and off in under 5 minutes

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks awesome! I thought about doing that to my Stander. Have you mowed with it yet?

5. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good nice work man.

6. Saurkraut

Thanks! Yea I think it turned out pretty sweet... There isn't anything to really mow up here yet (it was actually snowing this afternoon.... Ugh) but I did mess around a little in my yard and it works from what I can tell. I defiantly will need a counter weight to really see what it can do. I plan on making one this week so I can put it to work with some of my spring clean ups. Now I just need a dethacther on the front and this will be a work horse!

7. Saurkraut

Finished up my counter weight setup today, putting it to work next week. :drinkup:

image.jpg

8. groh_brian

groh_brian LawnSite Member

Nice job! Can't wait to hear how it works for ya!