Wright Stander X REVIEW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by deere615, Jan 8, 2012.

1. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

3. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

I know what you mean about the controls being touchy. You can change the position of the forward rods to make them less touchy but you will sacrifice speed. I tried it on my mower but didnt like how much speed I gave up,So I put them back. Before I bought my mower,I demoed an X with the original deck spring brackets. The mower I bought has the newer brackets and it behaves much better IMO.

4. deere615

I will have to try changing those rods and see, I will have to check on the brackets to be sure also thanks!

5. kgflyboy

kgflyboy LawnSite Member
    from MO

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Im picking up a 52" Stander X tomorrow. Cant wait to put it to work!

7. deere615

Good you will like it!

8. OnTheMarkLandscaping

OnTheMarkLandscaping LawnSite Member

Just picked up the 52 Stander X today from Bissett out here in Ny. I can tell you compared to my 2009 Stander 42 RH. This thing feels fast. The suspension system added on the feet is much softer on your knees. I just played around going up and down my block and did a few passes on my lawn. No grass growing yet so i couldn't test the cut / striping quality..

Mark

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  9. deere615

I did a side by side speed test between my 2 and put the video on youtube though it feels alot fast its not too much more. But your right I feel like I can fly and maneuver the X alot faster

10. OnTheMarkLandscaping

OnTheMarkLandscaping LawnSite Member

yea i think its only 2-3 MPH .. but still. when we are talking 7mph vs 10mph.. thats a pretty good % faster. and yes the huge tires and the suspension stand mount make the mower just feel smooth. Cant wait to see how she cuts.