1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright Stander ZK... First day out.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnGuy73, May 8, 2011.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wanted to take a minute and thanks Wright for producing another truely awesome product, the Stander ZK.

We have been running Standers since 2001 when we got rid of all of our Great Dane Surfers. We bought two new Stander ZKs in March of this year and let me tell you that they are worth every penny of the nearly $19,000 spent on the two machines. These two were not bought to be used on clean ups so we just started using them on Thursday for general mowing, with about 20 hours of use between both machines - I'm sold!

These ZKs stripe like mad, cut like a greens mower, have tons of power, and are very comfortable to ride. Even at 14 mph....

So once again, anyone on the fence about buying a Wright Stander ZK they are well worth the investment.

Epic Lawn.jpg
  2. RandallM

RandallM LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Nice pic and beautiful cut.
  3. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Let us know how it cuts tall or wet grass. Pic looks good.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the real test, thick wet grass. i am sure in moderate conditions it is a great mower, but i am sure it will get clogged, something ours did constantly
  5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I can tell its early in your mowing season wait until the grass gets sticky and wet. Then report how well they cut. They are very durable I'll give them that but in wet, damp conditions, not so much!
  6. LawnGuy73

A litle more feedback on this lawn. It is a property that we just picked up, it was not cut at all in the month of October last year, and we did not do a clean up on this lawn. The grass was about 6" long and still had a little bit of dew on it, as it was at about 10 am. The cutting height was at 3.25", there was very little clumpping and no uneven or missed blades. We did do a double cut on this lawn just to get rid of the clumps that were there, but overall I'm very impressed with this machine.

Sorry I should have included that in my first post for you guys.
  7. LiveGreenLawn

LiveGreenLawn LawnSite Member

I looked at this mower at the trade show. Keep us updated. More pics of mower please.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. THG

THG LawnSite Member

I have never used Wrights before but we purchased a Stander X last week and so far it disperses and cuts just as good as my velocity decks. Being new to the Wright line I have nothing to compare it to but was told the deck was redesigned to address the clumping issues. We have about 22 hours on this mower and have not had any issues with clumping at all so far. I am also new to standers but this mower has sold me on them.
  9. LawnGuy73

I will get you more pictures when Im at the shop tomorrow. We are getting rained out today....
  10. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow editing out constructively negitive posts again!