Wright stander

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cwmiller928, Feb 22, 2006.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I've been in the business for awhile doing the whole push mowin they ol 21 in mower. But i've decided to purchase a new mower. I'm really leaning towards the 48in wright stander. What are the goods and the bads of this mower. Is there that much of a difference between the 17 and 19hp motors? whats the best model i should go for? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would suggest going with the most HP that you can get. You can never have too much.

I would also recommend looking at the 52". The company I work for uses all 52" Standers and that is all they use except for a couple times a week we bring out a 21" mower for the few places we can't take the Stander. Plus the 52" deck gives you better trim capabilities, I think.

3. cwmiller928

Anybody? What should i be watching for if i buy this mower? so i should try for the 19 hp motor.? does it make that much of a difference?

4. cwmiller928

Help please!! i'm looking to buy this thing this week. Whats the best 48inch combo out there? is the wright stander the way to go?

5. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

Go for the 52" Wright Stander instead of the 48"

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Get biggest motor you can, you won't regret it

7. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

Do you do leaf clean ups? I was considering replacing my Toro ZTR's with Standers, but could not find a decent vac system for them.

8. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Stander is awesome. I just ordered a 36" RH. You'll enjoy years with your 48, especially if you go with the largest motor available.

9. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

BTW, you better go see Curtis up at Arnold's...great place.

10. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

curis at arnolds is a great guy i almost bought my 36 from him (a wb though) i'm thinking i'll get a stander as my next mower