1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wright stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProLawns, Dec 21, 2006.

1. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm considering buying a 36" Wright stander for my gated properties. Does anyone use one and how is the cut?
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

haven't tried one yet but they look like solid mowers and from what I have read about them on other sites the cut is good and they hold up well.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have the Sentar Sport 36" and it is a fine machine. It mulches great on southern grasses. We ran it into some wet rye last week and it did okay. The unit has 17hp Kaw and it is a monster. In general we are very pleased, wish it wasn't so costly. Had to replace hydro belt after 300 hours and that wasn't easy.
  4. Promow Professional

Promow Professional LawnSite Member

We have a 36" stander. We love the fact we can get in the back of most all of our yards. I like the cut of my 32" toro walk-behind better but hey I'm willing to sacrafice if I'm riding and not walking. The cut is not even enough difference for the customer to notice I can tell though after cutting the amount of yards we cut a week. We have had no major maintanence issues other than the pull cord broke. Some say they are a little pricey but I always believe you get what you pay for. I would recommend the 36" wright stander. Let me know if I can answer anything else.
  5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Pricey compared to what?
  6. 1135osborn

1135osborn LawnSite Member

I have a 36" stander with rite height adjustment 49 hours great mower just don't need it anymore,downsizing nice machine selling for 4450.00 when you get one you won't be dissappointed
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Compared to belt driven 36" WB units like Scag which will do essentially the same job as the Stander. The Stander will not cut twice as fast as the WB so we were unable to elimate a second mow guy on a four man crew.
  8. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Promow Professional

Promow Professional LawnSite Member

The stander is higher then most walk-behinds with the same size cut. I did though use a 32" toro along with a 36" toro walk-behind a few summer's ago. If mowing only a few lawns a week then the walk behind is not that bad. If your doing a lot of mowing I will say that riding a stander is a lot less hard on the body. Riding increased our productivity simply from the ergonomic stand point.
  10. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I bought one last year with the Rapid Height adjustment for my gated back yards. The thing has allowed me to become more productive and it leaves a nice cut. No complaints here..