Wright stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Jun 10, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I was looking at these the other day...how do you adjust the height of cut? mulch kit?

2. Lift the front up and move spacers on the castors.

Mulch kit, none from what I know of.

They are the makers of the Velke, grass gobbler also.

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

adjust castors, blade spacers and you can also adjust the rear wheel motors for extreme adjustment.

yes they do offer mulch kits that work great.

no other stander compares to the wright.....these are tough little machines.

4. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

the Wrightstander with the seat has a handle for height adj, takes a few secs.I saw it yesterday at dealer

5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

the stander..is just that, a stander.

you are refering to the Sentar, you can stand or sit, and yes it is very easy to adjust height.

6. dmk395

from Ma

How does the stander cut when you adjust the front wheel castors? My issue is that some yards I cut a 2.5" and some at 3" due to sun exposure, etc.....I don't want to have to bring out the ratchet set to change blades, will this machine work for me in your opinions?

7. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i demoed one of these and plan to buy one asap and had the same question about hieght adjustments.. the rep showed me a simple way to adjust the height was to drive the stander over to the edge of any sidewalk and hang one of the casters over the edge, then change the spacer, which was very simple, then do the same thing for the other caster and your set... no need for a jack or any tools...

8. dmk395

from Ma

Ariel,
    But will it cut okay?

9. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

I have a sentar and it cuts great - Mine is a 61 " cut with the kawi 25 hp. the best mower I have used in my 20 yrs of business.

10. They should cut good.

I have had mowers that you change the geights that way in the past.

you set them for the heighest height you are going to cut at then drop for other lawns if you wish.

Remember that you move the castor spacer that are 1/2 inch that does not change the pitch 1/2 inch.