Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by tjlco, Dec 27, 2011.

1. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a used Wright Stander, that I feel is a good deal. I'm curous, who is mulching with these? I'm talking thick Fla summer floratam lawns...we had one years ago and it wouldn't cut its way out of a paper bag. I hear they have improved, so I'm looking for opinions. I have scag & exmark standers now which I like soooo. Oh yea its a 48/24hp

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 48/19 Kawasaki rapid height now and its fine. I use a OCDC and it mulches fine. We cut weekly here and I cut from perfect to weedy Bahia/Bermuda lawns.

3. tjlco

That's what I like to hear. Lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of problems were you having cutting floratam with your stander in the past? Was it poor cut quality?,bogging?,grass buildup and clumping?

5. tjlco

Uneven....the whole deck was crap. It was the 42. At one point the shop said put different amounts of air in each tire. Stingers, clumping, oh and the scalping on EVERY turn
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. WJC

If the used one that you are looking at has the new aero core deck, then it will cut much better than what you had before. I think they're great mowers. Although I have the standup/sitdown versions because I prefer to sit most of the time.

7. tjlco

I have no idea, it's on cl in Tampa, for 5500, should be easy to find. I'd post the link but I'm on my phone and have no clue how to lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. WJC

Couldn't find it on CL, but the new deck has a sloped nose.

9. I have a 36" 15hp with mulch kit. IMO it isn't the best in the thick summer SA. I get a decent amount of blowout. I think though I should have went with the 17hp at the time. I also have 2 blades so I'm sure that plays a big part too. I'm not saying it's bad, but IMO I would expect to have no blowout.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tjlco