Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhawk71, Dec 16, 2002.

1. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

I have a question about the wright standers. I was looking at a 36" because thats what i would do the back yards with because almost every customer were I live has a gate. Also the backs arent small! I have heard the productivity on the standers are better than walkbehiinds. Well if i were to buy one i would get it now 20% off!!! But is it really worth the 4000 dollars? Thanx

2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I too am looking at that mower for the same reason.I recomend demoing both,thats what im going to do

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

i rode one at the nashville show,i'd rather use a w/b on small lawns i don't think in the 36ers it would be any faster.:cool:

4. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

Also i forgat to mention that i was also debating a 48" stander. If i got a 36" i would sell my walkbehind. If i got the 48" i would keep the 36" because of the gate problem. But most of the fronts are small and have little islands in the middle. So i would think it would be easier to manuever a 36" than a 48". But i would probally use the 36" more because like i said i have alot of small front yards.
    Thanks
    Jhawk71

5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Have you considered a Gatemaster, or a Gateway? They will go where the 36 does, and fold down to be a 52. You can have a bigger mower for both front and back, making it faster all the way around. Sounds ideal for your situation.

Jay

6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

demo a Great Dane Super Surfer and the Gateway you'll be impressed!!

they offer john deere finance

easy deck height adjustment

20% off should be easy to get from most dealers

hmmmmm......did wright up the prices before offering 20% off????

is this left over stock?

or are they feeling the Great Dane Bite...........

7. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

No Capt......we're simply offering an extra incentive/discount to buy early. Not to blow out inventory or to play price games but to spread out the buying season which has many advantages in manufacturing a seasonal product.

Certainly demo the GD but be sure to take the Surfer across some hills and test turning ability on flat ground, then compare it to a Stander.

If you demo the Gateway, watch for scalping and hang ups due to the deck being locked down and overhanging past the drive wheels a lot. Also consider the price and what flat back yards you have that are big but have small gates.

JV

8. cnflawn

cnflawn LawnSite Member
    from tn

20% off should be easy to get from most dealers

:confused: :confused:

how do you figure 20 percent should be easy to get ???

jerald

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Seems this thread started out about Wright Standers, which by the way the Flex-Deck would work well on, but it got to be a gateway and gatemaster deal, so I guess I need to put in my 2 cents worth about the Flex-Deck on a 36" eXmark -(will fit most WB's) - We only add 2" when folded up, and our deck floats with the terrain to contour mow, and being on the front corner, it can be slide directly sideways between narrow objects -[​IMG]

36x-trans-between post and wall.jpg

10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Mowing unlevel terrain[​IMG]

36x-flexed ditch-north knock.jpg